During that time I weaned myself off checking NoFap almost entirely, to the point where I would rarely check in. And honestly find that the sub is now counterproductive to my success. Reading about not masturbating only makes me think about masturbating. It’s the classic idea that if someone tells you not to think of a pink elephant, you’re going to think of a pink elephant.
Here’s what I used to do back when I was regularly checking NoFap. Once in a while, in between hundreds of good, bad, and average posts, there would be a sentence or two that just jumped out at me. Something that resonated with me deeply, that reminded me of why I had chosen to try NoFap, or spoke to me about the kind of man I want to be. I would write it down.
Whenever I need a reminder of why I’m doing NoFap or motivation to continue, I can read through it for a powerful dose of realignment, rather than wading through all the posts online to get that same feeling. It has helped me a lot, and I recommend you try it out for yourself. It’s your instant emergency toolkit for when you’re really feeling the urges, specifically designed for you.
Here are some of the lines I took from posts on this sub. Even today when I read through I get a surge of motivation.
- Addiction is wanting more, but liking it less.
- To actually live, or to live vicariously…which do you prefer? Rather, which do you want to prefer?
- Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come.
- Everything that is happening at this moment is a result of the choices you’ve made in the past. The choices you make today design your future
- It’s like eating a bag of sweets before dinner. Afterwards, you’re just not hungry anymore and even the most delicious food fails to trigger your appetite. You first need to digest (recover) from the overload of artificial sweeteners before you can enjoy real food again.
- Once i realized that me watching porn is synonymous with me being cuckolded, the desire for me to watch porn has drastically declined. When you watch porn you really take a passive/beta role. You are literally watching as another man is having sex with a woman whom you find attractive and could imagine yourself having sex with. Instead you sit behind a computer screen and touch yourself until you reach orgasm.
- It is more difficult to adhere to a principle 98% of the time, than it is to adhere 100% of the time. Life is one continuous stream of extenuating circumstances.
- Breaking an addiction requires you to break yourself first.
- Get Started…Things Don’t Get Easier You Just Get Better
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
- If you really want to look at images then there is a 100% chance it will lead to videos and then to fapping. If you don’t believe me then do try it out.
- I think watching porn makes you feel dejected. Think about it – you are basically watching a man fuck a woman you want to fuck.
- If you want to succeed in nofap, all you have to do whenever you think that you are about to lose it is simply get up, walk away from whatever spot it is that you are about to do the deed, and do something. To go pee I have to walk out of my room and go into a separate room in the house, and somehow I think the act of walking away from your designated ‘spot’ is enough to eliminate your urges.
- When I’ve relapsed in the past, I usually don’t just suddenly find my dick in my hand. I go through a long bargaining conversation with myself. I make a deal that I’m only going to look at porn really quickly and then stop, or that I’m just going to jerk off this one time, and then get right back to quitting.
- Do not let yourself come to the point where you have to fail in order to remind yourself why you chose to do this. You have to trust the decisions you’ve made in the past because it was then that you knew the full weight and value of the path you chose to take. Do not distrust yourself; stick with your word!
- The more you scratch, the more you itch.
- I’d rather play with a vagina than a penis.
- Ten minutes of pleasure would be an insult to the perseverance you have displayed so far.
- One real girl is better than any number of photos and videos, erotic or not, or Facebook profiles of girls.
- Think of any random man you admire. Do it! Now think about this: that guy has NEVER gone three months without jizzing all over his hand like a tool in his entire life… GUARANTEED.
- Don’t give up what you want most, for what you want now.
- The more you scratch, the more you itch
- It’s awesome to think that people will look up to me. I look at the people with 90 days and look at them saying if they can do it so can i. It’s awesome to think that i can be the man to look up to.
- One of the motivating factors of why people masturbate is not only the pleasure of orgasm brings, while i think the pleasure of orgasm plays a part, i think it is relatively minor. I think a large part of why people masturbate is also the desire to end the urge/craving.
- Who wants the temptations to be lowered? Fuck that. Beating the temptation is what makes it an accomplishment, and the sense of accomplishment is what towers over the shame. Embrace the temptation. That veteran badge is a fucking gold medal, not a participation certificate.
- When feeling a bit horny (usually in bed about to go to sleep) – fantasizing about how nice it would be with a woman beside me right there and then. The “old me” would’ve thought “man, I need to masturbate”… quite a big change.
- I realized that masturbation is the instant negation of arousal, and therefore turns horniness into a feeling that we attempt to abate through self-pleasure. Here’s the big question: why not enjoy being horny? Sexual arousal is a great feeling and should be embraced, not cancelled out for a brief moment of numbed pleasure.
- If I break now, I will find myself in this exact situation a few days from now.
- This isn’t really what I want. This urge I’m feeling is an urge for social fulfillment, female intimacy, business progress, etc.
- Next time you start to do that, picture what it looks like from a 3rd-person perspective. Sad, no?
- Every day is day zero.
- When you feel weak, remember that masturbation does not really bring you joy like you think it does; it itself creates the deficit that it then, temporarily, fills; but it can never be filled by masturbation.
Thank you, NoFap.