To the majority of men who fap everyday, 2 or 3 days without fapping seems a long time, and a week seems like forever. Let me tell you that a week without fapping is NOT a long time. The real healing takes a LOT longer.
Let’s compare this to smoking. Anyone here smoke/smoked? You’ll understand this. When you’re a heavy smoker, a few hours without a cigarette is a long time because you’re used to smoking one every 45 minutes on average. To go a whole day without smoking is insane! With quitting smoking, there are short term benefits and long term benefits. After 20 minutes without a cigarette your blood pressure, pulse rate and the temperature of your hands and feet have returned to normal, after 12 hours your blood oxygen level has increased to normal. Carbon monoxide levels have dropped to normal, but the real long term benefits of quitting smoking take a lot longer. 1 to 9 months any smoking related sinus congestion, fatigue or shortness of breath has decreased. Cilia have regrown in your lungs, thereby increasing their ability to handle mucus, keep your lungs clean and reduce infections. Your body’s overall energy has increased, 1 year your excess risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke has dropped to less than half that of a smoker, 5 years your risk of a subarachnoid haemorrhage has declined to 59% of your risk while still smoking, If a female ex-smoker, your risk of developing diabetes is now that of a non-smoker, 15 years your risk of coronary heart disease is now that of a person who has never smoked. Your risk of pancreatic cancer has declined to that of a never-smoker.
You see that the real benefits take a lot longer to get? Well guess what, PMO is exactly the same.
- 5 minutes – heart rate returns to normal.
- 2-3 days – guilt and shame seems to decrease.
- 7 days – brain fog lifts.
- 14 days – prolactin starts to drop.
- 14 – 21 days – due to drop in prolactin, dopamine sensitivity increases, you can start to enjoy the little things in life again, no longer emotionally numb, energy levels start to increase big time, confidence also increases.
- 30 days – cravings and flashbacks noticeably reduce.
- 30-60 days – PIED symptoms disappear or improve. Erections become rock solid, unless you’re PIED symptoms are severe. Confidence keeps rising
- 42 days – ΔFosB (DeltaFosB) that has accumulated around the nucleus accumbens starts to remove itself. This makes it possible for the neurons in the porn-addicted pathways to now start to slowly break up over time without use.
- 90 days – considered a full reboot for most people, however people with severe PIED will need longer. Confidence still rising
- 120 – 150 days – symptoms of severe PIED disappear or improve.
So, as you can see, 1 week without fapping is NOT a long time, in fact it’s nowhere near long enough. If you’re struggling to make it past 1 week like a lot of people on this sub, I hope this gives you motivation to push past your barriers and achieve the long-term benefits that nofap has to offer.
(Not to say that 1 week isn’t an achievement to an addict, because it is, just that the real benefits take a lot longer.)
Source: To the majority of men who fap everyday, 2 or 3 days without fapping seems a long time, and a week seems like forever. Let me tell you that a week without fapping is NOT a long time. The real healing takes a LOT longer.